Holton is a small village that seems to be a village in two parts. Most of the village is spread along a quiet cul-de-sac, although further on you come across further houses, and then finally the village church, St. Bartholomew's. Between the church and the main part of the village is the village hall.
Prominent in the village is the Wheatley Park Secondary School complex which includes the Georgian former Holton Park. Holton Park was built in the deer park of the original manor house early in the 19th century when the manor house was demolished. The stables, dovecote and moat of the old house still survive.
St. Bartholomew's Church was built around 1200. It is cruciform and is in the transitional style between Norman architecture and Early English Gothic.
On the outskirts of the village next to the A40 trunk road is the campus of Oxford Brookes University.
On the nearby River Thame to the east of the village is the 17th century Holton Mill.
Holton is about five and a half miles east of Oxford just north of, and on the opposite side of the A40 trunk road, to the larger village of Wheatley.