Situated on a hill, Sibford Ferris is twin to its sister village, Sibford Gower on the other side of the nearby Sib valley.
The Manor House in the centre of the village was built in the 17th century and remodelled in the 18th century. It was extended in 1842 by the Society of Friends who converted it into a boarding school. The school, Sibford School, is now in purpose built premises on the opposite side of the road. The manor house was sold for private housing in the early 2000s.
Adjacent to the entrance to Sibford School is Home Close, which was designed and built in traditional Cotswold style by the Arts and Crafts Movement architect M.H. Baillie Scott in 1911.
Sibford Ferris is about 6.5 miles west of Banbury, close to the county boundary with Warwickshire.